Description of Butterhead Lettuce Plant Pods
Butterhead Lettuce is the classic beyond the lettuce family and therefore a must-have in your indoor herb garden!
The good old butterhead lettuce has a lot of competition, but this buttery, sweet lettuce is still a favorite for many, so why not grow it in your HydroArtPod.
Grow your own in the HydroArtPod so you can always be sure you’re getting all the great benefits without the commercial chemicals and packaging straight from your wall onto your plate.
Benefits of Butterhead Lettuce
- Grown in the HydroArtPod, it’s free from any pesticides, herbicides or any other harmful substances.
- Low in calories, but high in fiber and Vitamin A
- Vitamin A can benefit your eye and skin health
- Pick single leaves or be patient and harvest the entire head once (it’s a lot, so you’d better make a big salad!).
Did you know? For most people the most favorite part of a butterhead lettuce are the inner soft leaves, the heart of the lettuce. However, most of the nutrients are in the large, dark outer leaves of the head.
Plant Care for Butterhead Lettuce
Sprouts in: 7 – 14 days
Harvest in: 5 – 6 weeks
Grows best at: 18°C – 24°C
- Butterhead Lettuce doesn’t like it too hot. It grows best at 18 to 24°C. If the temperature is higher than that germination can be a little slow.
- There is no need to thin any of the additional seedlings – let them all grow.
- Make sure you keep your grow lights in not more than 10-cm away from your plant so it grows dense and bushy. You will see your lettuce to grow thin if the lights have been too far away.
Each Pack comes with 3 Butterhead Lettuce Plant Pods