Description of Butterhead Lettuce Plant Pods
Butterhead Lettuce is the classic beyond the lettuce family and therefore a must-have in your indoor herb garden!
The good old butterhead lettuce has a lot of competition, but this buttery, sweet lettuce is still a favorite for many, so why not grow it in your HydroArtPod.
Grow your own in the HydroArtPod so you can always be sure you’re getting all the great benefits without the commercial chemicals and packaging straight from your wall onto your plate.
Benefits of Butterhead Lettuce
- Grown in the HydroArtPod, it’s free from any pesticides, herbicides or any other harmful substances.
- Low in calories, but high in fiber and Vitamin A
- Vitamin A can benefit your eye and skin health
- Pick single leaves or be patient and harvest the entire head once (it’s a lot, so you’d better make a big salad!).
Did you know? For most people the most favorite part of a butterhead lettuce are the inner soft leaves, the heart of the lettuce. However, most of the nutrients are in the large, dark outer leaves of the head.
Plant Care for Butterhead Lettuce
Sprouts in: 7 – 14 days
Harvest in: 5 – 6 weeks
Grows best at: 18°C – 24°C
- Butterhead Lettuce doesn’t like it too hot. It grows best at 18 to 24°C. If the temperature is higher than that germination can be a little slow.
- There is no need to thin any of the additional seedlings – let them all grow.
- Make sure you keep your grow lights in not more than 10-cm away from your plant so it grows dense and bushy. You will see your lettuce to grow thin if the lights have been too far away.
Harvesting Butterhead Lettuce
- You can start harvesting when the leaves are approximately 10cm long.
- Cut only the outer leaves and let the small, inner leaves grow
- Do not cut more than one third, so it keeps growing
- After 5 to 6 weeks harvest it completely and replace it because it starts losing its flavor.
- Any salad
- Sandwiches & wraps
- Pairs well with sharp flavors like strong cheeses, citrus and meat.
Butterhead Lettuce Information
- At the heart of the HydroArtPod are seeds that produce plants that are not only delightful to taste, but that are also easy to grow, that stays compact and that give you high nutritional content.
- We sell various seeds, many of which are organic certified as well as some hybrid varieties.
- HydroArt does not knowingly sell genetically modified seeds. Our breeders use traditional, painstaking methods of natural crossing to create hybrid seeds that are healthy and safe. All plant species have been tested within the HydroArtPod, allowing us to only select the best that deserve a space in your home.
- We partner only with certified industry seed producers that test their seeds in labs regularly. HydroArt sets and maintains minimum germination requirements to make sure you enjoy the process of growing. To ensure that our seed germination rates remain optimal, we store our seed in a climate-controlled environment before they are shipped to you.
Each Pack comes with 3 Butterhead Lettuce Plant Pods