One of the crispiest and healthiest lettuce varieties out there. Packed with lots of vitamins, red leaf lettuce is a must have for every salad.
• Grown in the HydroArtPod, it's free from any pesticides, herbicides or any other harmful substances.
• Its a rich source of healthy vitamins A, K, magnesium, manganese and much more!
• It may help lower blood pressure, aid weight loss, and boost heart health.
• It grows fast and can be harvested in as little as 27 days.
• Your Red Leaf Lettuce will regrow, so you can harvest only part or all of the leafs. It will always be fresh in your indoor garden.
DID YOU KNOW? Basil is a member of the mint family!
Sprouts in: 2 – 4 days
Harvest in: 3 – 3 weeks
Grows best at: 18°C – 24°C
• Red Leaf Lettuce doesn’t like it too hot. It grows best at 64 to 70 °F (18 to 21°C). If the temperature is higher than 75°F (24°C) then germination can be a little slower.
• There is no need to thin any of the additional seedlings – let them all grow.
• Make sure you keep your grow lights in not more than 10-cm away from your plant so it grows dense and bushy. You will see your lettuce to grow thin if the lights have been too far away.
• Three weeks after planting you should be able to harvest initial leaves by picking off the larger outer leaves first.
• Cut off single leaves gradually by moving towards the heart of the plant until the pod is a maximum of six weeks old.
• Please note that harvesting lettuce leaves after 6 weeks will increase its bitterness and it should not be consumed after 8 weeks anymore.
• Any salad. Literally, ANY salad
• Sandwiches & wraps
At the heart of the HydroArtPod are seeds that produce plants that are not only delightful to taste, but that are also easy to grow, that stay compact and that give you high nutritional content.
We sell various seeds, many of which are organic certified as well as some hybrid varieties.
HydroArt does not knowingly sell genetically modified seeds. Our breeders use traditional, painstaking methods of natural crossing to create hybrid seeds that are healthy and safe. All plant species have been tested within the HydroArtPod, allowing us to only select the best that deserve a space in your home.
We partner only with certified industry seed producers that test their seeds in labs regularly. HydroArt sets and maintains minimum germination requirements to make sure you enjoy the process of growing. To ensure that our seed germination rates remain optimal, we store our seed in a climate-controlled environment before they are shipped to you.